[cisco-voip] Codec issue?

Ryan Ratliff (rratliff) rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Aug 29 23:22:52 EDT 2013

CCM traces would confirm the codec negotiation, or a debug h245 asn1 on the gateway.  CCM traces with 245 enabled will be easier to follow IMO.

If you are set for g.711 everywhere then the first thing I'd check is if you have "optimize for low bw" enabled in CIPC preferences.  This forces it to g.729 which CUCM and IP phones would have no problem with but if your gateway is configured for only 711 your call will fail media negotation.

-Ryan