[cisco-voip] Jump upgrade/DRS licensing bug

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 12:27:50 EDT 2013

OK - perhaps I installed the wrong one then; I installed
ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.2.cop.sgn... sounds like I grabbed the wrong one.

Here was what i did:

-Installed fresh 7.1.5 on all VM nodes, let DB sync

-Installed refresh cop per the upgrade doc (I thought this was an odd place
for it but that’s where it wanted it). Did NOT reboot per the documentation.

-Restored DRS file. Rebooted subs. Rebooted Pub. Let DB sync again.

-At this point, I changed some MAC addresses on some of the configured
phones so I could have a few running in the lab for the upgrade; hind sight
I probably don't need this until everything's on 9

-Tried to install the 9.1 firmware - failed with that error

-Tried to upgrade to 9.1 - also failed with that error

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Justin Steinberg <jsteinberg at gmail.com>wrote:

> there is a COP file that you need to install on 7.1.5 that will disable
> the licensing and allow you to goto 9.12
>

> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Ed Leatherman <ealeatherman at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Good morning,
>>
>> I'm running through the jump upgrade in my lab for a regional campus so
>> that I get all the steps correct. I have the UCS hardware they will upgrade
>> to + VMWare installed, and everything on isolated lab network.
>>
>> So I took a known good backup of their production CUCM (3 nodes).
>> Installed 7.1.5 into VMWare per the jump document, and restored the DRS
>> backup onto it, rebooted subs, rebooted pub; everything went smoothly and I
>> can setup a few phones on this isolated network and register/call, database
>> happy etc.
>>
>> However now when I go to load new firmware for 9.1 or upgrade the VM to
>> 9.1.2, I get the following from the command line:
>> Upgrades are prohibited during license grace period
>>
>> which seems to be related to CSCtb86875<https://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/bssprt/bss?searchType=bstbugidsearch&page=bstBugDetail&BugID=CSCtb86875>
>>
>> Licensing page on CUCM doesn't show any issues.
>>
>> Are other people running into this? I thought I was following through the
>> guide closely, but it doesn't mention anything about needing to rehost the
>> 7.1 license files or have TAC root in to delete a file during the upgrade.
>>
>> Since we're likely to run through this exercise a few times (this issue
>> is exactly why I'm running through it in lab to begin with).. I don't know
>> if its kosher for me to keep asking licensing to rehome it, since this
>> isn't the production system. But I guess I will if i need to :)
>>
>> Where am I going wrong here, or is this normal?
>>
>> --
>> Ed Leatherman

Ed Leatherman