[cisco-voip] unity connection full mailboxes - notifying callers

Chris Ward (chrward) chrward at cisco.com
Tue Dec 3 14:32:38 EST 2013

Well, the SMTP notification can be used outside of Single Inbox too to help alert users.

"ISM affects what subscribers hear when they call other subscribers from their primary or alternate extensions and are forwarded to the greetings of the subscribers they call. If they then leave a message, ISM affects what the called subscriber hears and can do when listening to the message. When ISM is enabled, Cisco Unity recognizes that the calling extension is associated with a subscriber and accordingly plays the internal greeting of the called subscriber. Additionally, when the called subscriber later listens to the message, Cisco Unity plays the recorded voice name of the subscriber who left the message and allows the called subscriber to record a reply."

For managing partners and other important folks, I would also look at increasing their quotas in the interim.

+Chris
TME - Unity Connection and MediaSense