[cisco-voip] QISG over SIP between CUCM and IOS TDM Gateway

Robert Schuknecht rschuknecht at gmx.de
Wed Dec 18 08:57:08 EST 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a QSIG over SIP connection between a CUCM and a IOS TDM
Gateway. Calls are working so far. But when an IP-Phone tries to end a call
it seems to be that the signaling from CUCM to the Gateway is not understood
by the Gateway.

When I hang up on the IP-Phone the CUCM sends some SIP INFO packets and
after 20-30 sec CUCM actually sends a SIP BYE message to Gateway. I captured
the SIP Traffic between the CUCM and the Gateway and I saw in Wireshark that
there are DISCONNECT messages in the QSIG over SIP INFO packets. I assume
these DISCONNECT messages are not correctly understood by the Gateway. The
Gateway only ends the call when the CUCM sends a SIP BYE Message.

I have tried CUCM Version 8.6.2 and 9.1.2 and some IOS 12.4 and 15.2
Versions.

Regarding my configuration:

Enabled ISO QSIG on SIP Trunk pointing to the Gateway
Defined switch-type primary-qsig
Defined qsig decode under voice service voip
Configured signaling forward unconditional under voice service voip and also
on the dial-peers

So, my questions are:

Should QSIG over SIP work between CUCM and a IOS Gateway?
Can anybody provide some working sample configurations? (Could not find
anything useful on CCO)

Just for completeness, I have attached the relevant Debug output.

Thanks in advance,

Robert