[cisco-voip] Jabber 9.6 release notes from Dec 18th

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Sat Dec 28 16:44:27 EST 2013

I'm confused about the statement in the release notes about "Cisco Unified Communications Manager User Data Services (UDS) is not supported for directory integration in this release"

Customer has CUPS 8.6.x with only EDI currently  in use (they set it up themselves), they noticed their Apple products aren't doing directory lookups in Jabber.  So I'm about to fix that by creating a jabber-config.xml file with LDAP info for AD LDS.

Will the Jabber for Windows 9.6 continue to use EDI and the Jabber for MAC use the jabber-config.xml?

I understood that creating the jabber-config.xml disables EDI in the Windows clients enabling UDS.