[cisco-voip] Multicast MOH from CM/MRGL

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:07:06 EST 2013

Hello everyone,

If an MOH audio source in CM (8.6) is configured to "allow multicasting",
at which point should the server actually begin sending MOH to a multicast
group?

The reason I am asking is, I have many of my audio sources configured to
allow multicasting, but on purpose I have no MRGL setup to actually use
multicasting. The reason being is want the audio to continue playing so
callers don't start at the beginning of the audio track every time they are
placed on hold. Actually I don't care so much but my internal customers do
:)

however, i'm seeing still a bunch of multicast coming from my TFTP/MOH
server still going to my publisher which is on the same switch and VLAN. In
fact, the majority of the traffic on that switch port is just this MOH
traffic. Normally it isn't something I'm worried about, however I'm also
noticing packet discards on the publisher's switchport and that IS
something i'm concerned about.

Thanks!

--
Ed Leatherman