[cisco-voip] 7960 w/7914 BLF no alerting of monitored lines

Bill Talley btalley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:06:41 EST 2013

Hi all,

I recently performed an install of CUCM 9.1(1) and am having an issue with
BLFs on a 7914 not lighting up when a monitoring DN is in alerting state.
The BLFs on the 7914 light solid red when the monitored line is in use.  I
have a TAC case opened up on the issue and am awaiting feedback, but
nothing has jumped out at TAC as the obvious cause.

I have the subscribe CSS set on the 7960 to a CSS that has visibility of
the monitored lines (hence the busy lights).  Phones and sidecars are
running the latest firmware.   Since the BLFs light up when the monitored
line is in use, I'm guessing everything is configured correctly.

Does anyone have 7914s with BLFs that correctly reflect alerting state of a
monitored line with a flashing or solid line button the 7914 on any linux
version of CUCM?

TIA
Bill