[cisco-voip] 7962 Phone Sets Failing Authentication

Thomas LeMay thomaslemay at comcast.net
Fri Jan 4 14:40:21 EST 2013

We have recently received several boxes of new 7962 phone sets from the
Cisco factory.  We are running call manager version 7.1.5.34900-7 on MCS
servers (Linux).  When we take several of these new 7962 phone sets and plug
them into the network port they will pull a TAPS number successfully but
fail the authentication and software upgrade portion for phone load
SCCP4.2.9-2-1S..  Is there a known work around or middle firmware version we
need to load on a TFTP server to update the phone sets?  Thank you in
advance.

Tom