[cisco-voip] iso file for upgrading from 8.6 to 9

me at go0se.com me at go0se.com
Mon Jan 7 15:07:55 EST 2013

I've searched and don't seem to find any threads regarding this. I have
ordered my upgrades from 8.6 to 9 from the PUT tool, and downloaded the
respective ISOs for my various products. I attempted to upgrade my
callmanager publisher and I get the following message:

"Name matches a filter which indicates the name does not represent a
signed file. Upgrade requires signed files."

I do not see that I can download a signed file from Cisco. I read on the
cisco support forums someone suggested adding the "sgn" to the iso file
name but this seems unwise. I went ahead and added the sgn and reattempted
to start the upgrade. Callmanager no longer complains and it appears to be
happy with the new file. I'm afraid to proceed with the upgrade.

What have I done wrong?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Goose