[cisco-voip] Cisco UCCE Outbound dialer

Matthew Saskin msaskin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:35:50 EST 2013

In short, it comes down to levels of redundancy.  With a SIP proxy in
place, you would configure your dialer processes to route calls outbound
via the CUSP, and use routing rules on the CUSP to distribute calls as
appropriate to your outbound gateways.  Without CUSP need to send calls
direct from the dialer process to the gateways.  The issue is that the
outbound dialer process only allows setting a single IP address to route
calls, so without a CUSP there's no way to set up any redundancy.

Without CUSP, the closest you can get is having the A side dialer point to
a gateway and the B side dialer point to another gateway, which is better
than nothing I suppose.

-matthew