[cisco-voip] Mobility Issue

Dane Newman dane.newman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:40:33 EST 2013

Hello

I have an issue when users are connected to a call and  hit the mobility
soft key button on 9971 phones when a call is active, the phone system
rings on the mobile number configured in the system.  When they pick up the
the mobile number it just plays what sounds like hold music on both ends of
the call (I believe this music is coming from cucm but I haven't heard it
before) instead of providing 2 way voice.

In another senario with what I believe is the same issue. If a user picks
up on there cell phone first (using single number reach) opposed to the
deskphone the call is connected with 2 way voice and no issues exist.  If
the user then hangs up his cell phone with the intent to take the call on
his deskphone the calling party starts hearing the hold music.  Once the
user picks up the call on his deskphone he hears nothing but the calling
party is still hearing the hold music.  It is not working as intended where
2 way voice happens once the user hangs up his mobile phone and picks up on
his deskphone 2 way voice should happen.

My topology is as follows..

PSDN --> SIP TRUNK FROM ITSP --> 3825 CUBE --->CUCM -->DESKPHOHE

Calls are sent back out the SIP trunk to the ITSP when using mobile
connect/snr.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can make 2 way voice happen instead of the
hold music when the calls are picked up?