[cisco-voip] UC on UCS C-Series Datastore Setup

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Tue Jan 22 12:01:03 EST 2013

This gives some details on why ISO and VMs should be on separate I/O paths, along with other hardware best practices.

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/Perf_Best_Practices_vSphere5.0.pdf

Reading/writing from a DVD iso image can be i/o intensive conflicting with i/o needed for VMs.  If you not really ever using the DVD ISOs but once for install you may not need them separate.