[cisco-voip] UC on UCS C-Series Datastore Setup

Boon ciscovoipuser at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 12:21:17 EST 2013

Thanks for the info Ryan and Jason.

I'm deploying a C-220-M3 server with a Flexible Flash card which as 4
virtual drives with a dedicated one for VM onto which I have installed ESXi
hypervisor. Therefore I'm guessing that the two RAID arrays approach was
meant for earlier c-series models without flash cards right?

I've setup the HDD as a single RAID5 which is inline with the tested
reference guide on the UCS wiki. I just want to know if I can create a
single datastore or whether it's better practice to create two and keep the
ISO discs separate. I think the VM doc will give me the answer hopefully.
Thanks.