[cisco-voip] NTP Problem Cucm ver 8.6.2

Nathan Reeves nathan.a.reeves at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 10:09:01 EDT 2013

I recently saw something similar on a 2 node cluster.  NTP would initially
sync but then fall out of sync.  Logs were showing a greater than 'x' time
difference and it was restarting NTP.  As a final step I rebooted both
nodes and it NTP would resync.

When you did a 'utils ntp status' on the boxes it would show that the
reference source was LOCL which appears to be the hardware clock.  Hardware
clock is used when NTP fails to sync.

Not ever had to reset ITL / CTL files though.