[cisco-voip] Configuring MoH ressources

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 11:14:45 EDT 2013

Hello Reto,

To give you an answer on why you lost MOH when you created your MRG/MRGLs,
it's because when any Media Resource is not explicitly placed into an MRG,
it is considered to be available globally to the whole system.  Thus making
your MOH servers available to your users.  But once you place a Media
Resource into an MRG, it removes it from the global scope, and limits its
availability to only those devices which have an MRG/MRGL containing the
Media Resource.

That concept is explain in the SRND under the Media Resource section.
Direct link below, check the first bullet point:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/media.html#wp1254577
*
*

The whole Media Resource section of the SRND is a good read.  I recommend
that plus the MOH section of the Features and Service Guide:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmfeat/fsmoh.html

I hope that helps.