[cisco-voip] CAR errors in syslog

Erick Wellnitz ewellnitzvoip at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 11:00:24 EDT 2013

I found the following information regarding my errors but there is a lot of
'checking' and nothing regarding what to be looking for.

My actual error is:  %UC_CAR-3-CARSchedulerJobError: %[FailureDetail=CAR
Scheduler restarted, update ALL 4 job(s) with status: '-1','-3' to status:
'-2'.][FailureCause=Update unfinished (InProgress / Scheduled) jobs from
tbl_event_log.][JobName=4 VARIOUS JOBS][ClusterID=][NodeID=chieqpscmpb01]:
CAR scheduled job failed.

Directly before this the Cisco CAR Scheduler stops and directly after it
starts again.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/err_msgs/8_x/ccmalarms861.html

UC_CAR-3-CARSchedulerJobError : CAR scheduled job failed. Job Name [String]
Job Failure Cause [String] Job Failure Detail [String]

*Explanation* A normal CAR scheduled job failed for some reasons.

*Recommended Action* 1. Check the status of Cisco CAR Scheduler service. 2.
Check the Event Log from CAR page. 3. Check the contents in
tbl_system_preferences table. 4. Check the number of records in
tbl_billing_data, tbl_billing_error, and tbl_error_id_map tables. 5. Check
if the scheduled job configuration is correct from CAR page. 6. Collect and
check the CAR Scheduler traces for more details.

ANy guidance would be much appreciated!