[cisco-voip] remote destination question

Erick B. erickbee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 00:32:23 EDT 2013

I'll have to try the user control method. Haven't had many problems with
timer based but some people's carriers need them adjusted, etc.

Myself, what I would like to see is a IP Phone ringtone or ring feature
where your main desk phone rings 2-3 times with ringtone then after 2-3
rings the sound stops ringing or goes to lower volume and your other
devices start ringing without having the desk phone ringtone sounding a
long time.

I have my extension on 2 phones, jabber on my PC, jabber on my smartphone
and SNR and have my SNR set to start ringing my cell phone number after my
desk phone/etc ring 3-4 times so I have chance to answer it on a desk/soft
phone before it goes to my cell. The call hits voice mail after 7-8 rings.