[cisco-voip] H.323 DTMF to SIP 2833

Divin John (dijohn) dijohn at cisco.com
Tue Jul 16 13:29:43 EDT 2013

CUCM on the H323 leg doesn't support rfc2833 (rtp-nte).
So, to stop CUCM from invoking an MTP, the SIP side should support Out of band (notify maybe)

Regards,
Divin

From: Nate VanMaren <VanMarenNP at ldschurch.org<mailto:VanMarenNP at ldschurch.org>>
Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2013 1:26 AM
To: "cisco-voip at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>" <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>>
Subject: [cisco-voip] H.323 DTMF to SIP 2833

What H.323 DTMF method can I use on a H.323 dial-peer to CUCM that will not invoke an MTP when the outbound side of CUCM is a SIP Trunk that is configured to use 2833.

I am currently using h245-alphanumeric, which seems to be invoking an MTP.

Thanks,
-Nate