[cisco-voip] prefix digits for outbound calls

Erick Wellnitz ewellnitzvoip at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 11:22:12 EDT 2013

I'm seeing some odd behavior in my route lists for prefixing digits.

If I prefix digits at the route pattern level everything works fine.  If I
try to prefix digits at the route list level (on each route group assigned
to the route list) the digits are not prefixed.

My pattern is 9011.44XXXXXXXXXX
I strip predot on the route pattern then I prefix + and the call routes
over our sip trunk as expected.

If I strip predot on the route pattern and prefix + at the RL level the +
is not prefixed and the call fails.

My educated guess is that perhaps I should not strip predot at the pattern
level nad instead do it at the RL level.

I am unable to do much testing until close of business.