[cisco-voip] Upgrade from 8.6 to 9.1 Licensing

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Jul 25 11:39:03 EDT 2013

Hey Scott,

Licensing is moving to users now, away from DLUs. It was pretty much user based after 7.1.5 but that was only in the purchasing side of things, technically, it was all still DLUs.

Now, with ELM, it's all user based, both purchasing and technically. There is a tool that you can download, the user count tool, which goes through your system and tells you how many users you need. The tool has both "a la carte" and CUWL options and you can mix and match. With output from the tool, you work with the "Drive to 9" licensing team and manually get your ELM license file cut.

The licensing team is going to be extra helpful, and pretty much give you what you want, it's up to you to ensure you have the right number of ESW and UCSS user counts after that.

That's the jist I've been getting.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Data Centre and Communications Facilities
University of Guelph

519‐824‐4120 Ext 56354
lelio at uoguelph.ca
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs