[cisco-voip] Cisco attendant consoles which one do you like better?

Jamie Gale -X (jamgale - Arc Solutions at Cisco) jamgale at cisco.com
Mon Jun 3 13:34:07 EDT 2013

Mike,

With the OEM Consoles you have 2 different delivery method:

Broadcast Delivery

The calls are virtually queued on a pool of CTI Ports, they do not ring directly on the operators phone in this method. This allows any of the operators logged into the queue to answer the call as and when they are available.

Forced Delivery

The highest priority call is forced out of the queue down to the operators phone, if the call is not answered within 10 seconds the server redistributes this call to another operator.

It sounds to me like you are looking to have the operator do "as little as possible" as far as interaction with the PC or maybe they are not always at their desk and able to select to answer a call,  therefore using the headset in conjunction with Forced Delivery will get you the desired behavior.

Hope this helps, please let me know if there is any other feedback or questions you may have.

Kind Regards

Jamie Gale
Technical Marketing Engineer, Cisco Unified Attendant Consoles
Arc Solutions, onsite at Cisco
jamgale at cisco.com<mailto:jamgale at cisco.com>
D +1 919 392 4671
M +1 919 699 4910