[cisco-voip] SIP trunk status

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Fri Jun 7 09:47:20 EDT 2013

The Acme Packet (now Oracle) SBC does this. Any far-end device that doesn't respond to an options ping will cause the SBC to skip it when it needs to setup a call and automatically use the next "Agent" in the Session Agent Group. Cisco should really adopt this model if they haven't already done so. It's a much more pro-active approach and reduces post dial delay.