[cisco-voip] CUBE HSRP

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 16:14:42 EDT 2013

Best practices, it's about 1 second.  There are challenges with sub-second
times in HSRP if there are more critical (routing protocol) traffic on the
same box. With hello times less than 300msec it's possible for the HSRP
process to be skipped due to single higher priority processes on the router
being able to monopolize the scheduling blocks.

That's what I understand anyways. I've tested much lower - 100-200 ms. But
in real world with other protocols on the box it's tougher to make a hard
call outside the best practices.

-nick