[cisco-voip] QOS policy for head end router

Dana Tong Dana_Tong at bridgepoint.com.au
Thu Jun 13 02:08:45 EDT 2013

Hi all,

What would be the capacity of a 2951 performing per site shaping, classification, marking,and prioritization?

I had configured A triple nested policy-map but I don't think the 2951 can cut it. I imagine it might be ok for half a dozen sites.
But this instance has 50 sites, and a massive over subscription at the HQ. With the 48 or so sites, the output from the show policy-map was over 5000 lines.

Is there a better way of doing this? Or is the router just not have enough grunt? SVTI and DVTI are not an option as a service provider manages the branch routers.

Regards,
Dana Tong.