[cisco-voip] Migration from Nortel

James Avalos javalos at adobe.com
Tue Jun 18 14:10:43 EDT 2013

I migrated about 5 Nortel sites to Cisco VoIP.  Depending on the migration path, it can be a chore.
These were option 81C, 61C, and 11's.    not sure what type of switch you're working on.

At the command prompt go into overlay 20, by typing  "LD 20" then return.
Once in overlay 20, you're going to type "prt" return,  then "dnb" return.
It should print out the dial plan for all configured devices.  You're going to want to do a print capture with putty or procom or whatever, becase it'll be a lot of data depending on the size of the switch/DB.

For information on other aspects of the dial plan, you'll probably have to go into different overlays.   For example, in Nortel speak a Route Patter is called a Distant Steering Code.  Those reside in some other overlay, as do CTI RoutePoints, which are called something else.
It's been a good 10 years since I've worked on one of these, but if the OS hasn't changed, this is where I'd start.
You can probably find some cheatsheets on the internet these days.
My experience as a Nortel systems administrator was strictly command line.  We never got into the GUI they introduced. It wasn't all that good.

Keep in mind that Nortel segments where you can change and show the different parameters of a dial plan.  They are seldom found in one spot. You'll have to learn to navigate them a little.  Assuming you're over command line.

Hope this helps some...

-J