[cisco-voip] CISCO 7940 fails to register after a few Hours of Idle time

Rod - Broadband2Go Communications rod.broadband2go at live.com
Thu Mar 7 18:58:15 EST 2013

Hello,
We have been getting this issue on Cisco 7940 and we did a hard Code SIP registration without using TFTP.
The phone works and hooks up with the SIP registration on a daily basis. Unfortunately we found out that seems that
almost every 2 or 3 hours of IDLE time without being used, it fails to hook up on the sip registration and every time you need to power cycle the phone and there it registers back.

Any input or resolution on this? It should be alive 24/7

BR
Rod