[cisco-voip] Best Practice for UC deployments

Andy andy.carse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 16:26:39 EDT 2013

Gents,
Just trying to get my head around the various issues with the use of DNS
in UC deployments.
In a CUCM deployment  I would not bother to enable DNS, but with other
apps now comming into the fold such as Presence, Webex, etc
is there more of a reason to now consider using DNS across the board.
I've just spent several days trying to get Jabber for Ipad and Jabber
for Android on a Galaxy S3 working.
Most of the issues seem to come down to some apps using names and others
not.
So I'd just like to get some sanity checks from the group.

--
Regards

Andy