[cisco-voip] 9971 issue making calls with number entered first then Call softkey

Erick B. erickbee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 12:10:00 EDT 2013

Hi,

We're having intermittent issues where on some 9971 phones (9-3-2 firmware,
earlier versions to) where if the user enters the number first then hits
the call button the call does not go through. They try again and same
problem and after a few tries it will work. I haven't been able to produce
this on my 9971 with same firmware version. If the problematic phone is
rebooted it works for awhile then acts up after some time. The phones are
using wireless, don't have wired connection.

Anyone seen this before? The CUCM version is 8.6.2 SU1.