[cisco-voip] Extension Mobility login causes Shared line outage on other phones.

Ryan LaFountain (rlafount) rlafount at cisco.com
Wed Mar 20 08:37:20 EDT 2013

Hi,

Bill is correct that shared lines for ICD extensions are explicitly
documented as unsupported and you will get an error when logging into CAD
stating that the ICD extensions are shared.

What Scott is mentioning is an issue we're working on now where one of the
first four lines on the phone is shared. CCX automatically puts a CTI
observer on the first four lines of the phone that have a DN assigned.
This is to track call movements across lines like JAL and DTAL. But, if
one of those lines is shared with another device, we don't monitor it
because we do not want to pick up events for another device. The problem
comes when activity on that line is really interesting to UCCX, but we
don't receive it because we don't have an observer on that line.

UCCX monitors the first four lines, not the first four buttons, so if you
have a DN on line 1, 2, 5 and 6, all four will still be monitored.

The documentation states the above, i.e. That UCCX 'does not monitor
shared lines' but it doesn't say they are unsupported for personal
extensions or other extensions on the phone.

Behavior that we've observed due to this could be one of the following:

1. Agents being set into Not Ready when another EM user logs in (Scott's
case)

2. Agents logging out of EM while logged in an Ready in CAD will cause
them to remain Ready and call transfer attempts from UCCX to them will
fail.

We are tracking this in CSCuf02375.

HTH.

Thank you,