[cisco-voip] ccx + cuic

Ryan LaFountain (rlafount) rlafount at cisco.com
Thu Mar 21 09:28:38 EDT 2013

Hi Paul,

In UCCX 9.x, CUIC is bundled with the CCX installation and gets installed automatically co-resident. You don't have to do anything to install it.

In 9.x, you have a choice of whether to use CUIC or HRC as the reporting client. The backend database, stored procedures, etc remain the same, just the presentation layer of the reports is different. You can switch back and forth between CUIC and HRC at any time without any impact (no restarts, etc) but you can only use one at a time. Users designated as 'Historical Reporting' users in AppAdmin are synced to CUIC and are able to login there. CUIC calls an internal API to UCCX to authenticate these users, which eventually goes to CUCM, just like HRC today.

In a UCCX 9.0 box, you can change back and forth between CUIC and HRC in the same place in AppAdmin as you change the database connections and sessions. From memory (and don't quote me on this) Tools -> Historical Reporting -> Historical Reporting Configuration.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info.

Thank you,

Ryan LaFountain
Unified Contact Center
Cisco Services