[cisco-voip] Unity Connection 9.1 switch version

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Tue Mar 26 10:25:21 EDT 2013

We have been working with a test install of Unity Connection 9.1, upgraded to
the 9.1(1a) release that just popped out. Quickly finding that it's best to test
everything, I went to switch back to the other partition with utils system switch-
version . As part of the usual 10 minute waiting process, it was spitting out
output from ssh that it didn't recognize the key of the partner node.
Unfortunately, that's not interactive and I couldn't accept the prompt, and the
switchover failed.

Ultimately, I found I could pop in the recovery disc, press "S", and it swaps the
partitions in about 2 seconds.

So, what's the difference? The cluster and DBreplication were broken once I
swapped but that seems to happen every time something flips versions or
restores, I expect that. I just don't get the long "waiting . . . " output when you
trigger it from the CLI, or why it would want to ssh to the other node in the
process? Is it harmful to run the command from the recovery disc? Any
thoughts?

Thanks,

Adam P