[cisco-voip] is this a failed DSP? ( follow on from FXO issues..)

ROZA, Ariel Ariel.ROZA at LA.LOGICALIS.COM
Tue Mar 26 11:12:44 EDT 2013

Robyn,

Quite probably! You can also try to move the DSP to other of the slots, to test if the failure is on the socket, or replace it for known working one to test if the problem is on the routers board.

Regards,

Ariel.

From: cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Robin Clayton
Sent: martes, 26 de marzo de 2013 08:01 a.m.
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] is this a failed DSP? ( follow on from FXO issues..)

3825 with pvdm2-16
IOS (C3825-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(13b)

Looking at my FXO issue further, I looked at my DSP.

It shows in "show inv", and allows me to configure the voice ports . However

The PVDM LED is orange and

"show voice dsp group all"

Results in the .....

---------
DSP groups on slot 0:
dsp 13:
  State: FAIL, firmware: 0.0.0
  Max signal/voice channel: 8/8
  Max credits: 240
  Group: FLEX_GROUP_VOICE, complexity: MEDIUM
    Shared credits: 240, reserved credits: 0
    Signaling channels allocated: 4
    Voice channels allocated: 0
    Credits used: 0

DSP groups on slot 1:
This command is not applicable to slot 1

DSP groups on slot 2:
This command is not applicable to slot 2

  0 DSP resource allocation failure
-----------

Is my PVDM2 dead?

Rob

=========================
Robin Clayton

Senior I.T. Technician
Richard Rose Federation
Richard Rose Central Academy
Victoria Place
Carlisle
Cumbria
CA1 1LY

Tel: 01228 822075
www: www.rrfa.org.uk

Important Notice:

This e-mail and any attachment are confidentialand may be privileged
or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is solely intended for the
person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any
reading, use, disclosure, copying or distribution of all or parts of this
e-mail or associated attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not
an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message or by telephone and delete this e-mail and
any attachments permanently from your system.
The Richard Rose Federation<http://www.rrfa.org.uk>