[cisco-voip] Jabber for iPad 9.2(1) problems

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Wed Mar 27 14:32:37 EDT 2013

Customer has various Jabber clients installed and working with no issues using latest CUPS 8.6(4).

 They primarily use Jabber for Windows 9x and Jabber Movi, and EX90 and other endpoints with mixture of CallManager and Tandberg VCS controlled endpoints. Mostly everything works except two Jabber Tablet v9.2(1) on the iPad clients.

 One Jabber Tablet v9.2(1) on the iPad is in the DMZ (Cisco AP), the other Jabber Tablet v9.2(1) on the iPad is external to our network (Sprint Wireless Hotspot). They can dial each other and answer but no video/audio is passed.  Either one can dial other clients (eg Movi, EX-90 on inside).  They just can't get video/audio to each other.

 I'm working on getting a wireshark but since they can talk to other endpoints I'm leaning toward it being a Jabber Tablet v9.4 software issue.

 But two Jabber for iPad 9.2(1) clients should be able to call each other right?

 Does the Jabber for iPad 9.2(1) have any way to turn on logging/troubleshooting?  Can I run something like Wireshark on a iPad?  I'm not a Mac/iPad guru.