[cisco-voip] VMWare support vis-a-vis Cisco

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu May 2 07:57:29 EDT 2013

Question here for anyone that's dealt with this before.

I have some UCS hardware, which was purchased with VMWare licenses all from
Cisco. Have had it for a few years now, and we've been buying support for
the VMWare from Cisco under an ISV1 "smartnet" contract.

When I go into my license page on VMWare.com it always shows these are
expired support-wise, and no one at cisco that i've tried so far seems to
know why. I decided to just get a support contract directly from VMWare
this year for that reason, and they don't show us as having ever paid for
support, so the quote is basically huge with multiple reinstatement fees.

Is the ISV1 support I purchased from Cisco only Cisco support, does VMWare
not recognized it? How do other vendors do this? Our server team renews
their support via Dell and never has this problem.

Thanks!

--
Ed Leatherman