[cisco-voip] VMWare support vis-a-vis Cisco

Matthew Loraditch MLoraditch at heliontechnologies.com
Thu May 2 16:51:29 EDT 2013

I have not ordered the ISV before, I either do FND or go direct to VMWare, but my understanding is that allows you to call TAC and they become the face of VMWare support and provide the upgrades, etc. Dell and others are VMWare resellers so they just resell the VMWare parts and thus VMWare has a record of your support. Cisco is front lining and they can call VMWare on your behalf but you can’t call direct. This is pretty much just like MCS server support.
See here for a little chart:
http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/VMWare_Requirements#Services_and_Support_Contracts_for_VMware_are_Required

Matthew G. Loraditch – CCNP-Voice, CCNA-R&S, CCDA

1965 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093

voice. 410.252.8830
fax.  410.252.9284

Twitter<http://twitter.com/heliontech>  |  Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Helion/252157915296>  | Website<http://www.heliontechnologies.com/>  |  Email Support<mailto:support at heliontechnologies.com?subject=Technical%20Support%20Request>