[cisco-voip] CCM 8.6 - SIP Register and authentication

Thierry De Vriendt thierry at autempspourmoi.be
Tue May 7 09:49:37 EDT 2013

Dear All,

We would like to configure on our Cisco Call Manager 8.6 different SIP
trunks to the same Asterisk server (same destination IP). The utility to
have different SIP trunks is for billing purposes inside the Asterisk server
(1 SIP trunk per customer). The username/password sends over the SIP
messages will make the difference.

Is it possible that the Call Manager sends SIP register messages to the
Asterisk server (for incoming calls from the Asterisk)?

Is it possible that the Call Manager sends login/password within the SIP
messages when sending a call to the Asterisk server?

I don't really see in the configuration how to associate username/password
with a SIP trunk.

Thanks for your help.

Thierry D.