[cisco-voip] dial peers and translations

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Wed May 29 13:53:24 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Erick Wellnitz
<ewellnitzvoip at gmail.com> wrote:
> Simple question I just need a refresher.
>
> On my CUBE, if I translate-outgoing called xxxx on the dial peer does my
> destination pattern need to match the original number or the translated
> number?  The dial peer guides are not quite clear in my mind.
>
> Here is my dial peer and my translation rule.
>
> voice translation-rule 4000
>  rule 1 /^\+/ /9/
> ***replacing the + globalization with 9 for outbound PSTN access
>
> dial-peer voice 4000 voip
>  description Inbound Toll Bypass from XXXXX
>  translate-outgoing called 4000
>  preference 1
>  destination-pattern +16304######   <-----should this be 916304######?
>  session protocol sipv2
>  session-taaget ipv4:172.16.7.12:5070
>  incoming called-number +16304######
>  dtmf-relay rtp-nte
>  codec g711ulaw

The translation happens once you've matched a dial-peer: (we dial "8"
to get out so that people don't accidentally dial "911" by accident)

dial-peer voice 10000 voip
 description Outbound SIP to Bandwidth.com
 translation-profile outgoing SIP-OUT
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 8T
 session protocol sipv2
 session target dns:ot.bandwidth.com
 voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte
 voice-class sip profiles 200
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 codec g711ulaw
 ip qos dscp cs5 media