[cisco-voip] UCCX - "set priority" setting wait times in Que

Ryan LaFountain (rlafount) rlafount at cisco.com
Fri May 31 08:14:27 EDT 2013

Hi Carlo,

I believe you must use two queues in this scenario. If you queue the call to a CSQ and then change the priority, that will only change the order in which the contacts are allocated to the agents, it does not change the agents that are members of the CSQ. To get the call to group B under any circumstances (priority or not), you would have to add group B to the CSQ and depending on load, these agents would be allocated calls that may not have passed the 5 minute threshold. If you changed the priority of the calls after 5 minutes, that would only change the order in which the calls were allocated, but group B could still be involved or group A.

The best way, in my opinion, would be to nest an additional Select Resource step pointing to the CSQ that has group B after 5 minutes of the call being in the Queued branch of the first Select Resource step (for group A). If the call is in the queued branch of the second Select Resource step, both group A and group B have a chance to answer the call.

Some others on the list may have better ideas.

Thank you,

Ryan LaFountain
Unified Contact Center
Cisco Services