[cisco-voip] Semi-OT DS3 Cross Connect Cables

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Fri Nov 8 09:00:17 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 01:31:13PM +0000, Matthew Loraditch wrote:
> I figure someone here is familiar with this. I have never installed a new DS3 before and am unfamiliar with the cable ends and types for the patch.
> Here is a picture of my demark extension: http://i.imgur.com/CN1vHnP.jpg
> I need to connect this to a Cisco NM-1T3/E3.
> Can someone point me to the right type of cable I'd need?

That isn't where you plug the cables in, your picture is the test point.
You'd go around back of your DS3X here, and go off the BNC plugs in back.

Typically, there should be two in and two out on each column.

Now, the writing seems to simply that you would take off the front,
and that is doable, but as you say, not standard. The plugs on the
front test ports are WECO DS3 plugs. And while I've seen WECO to BNC,
I wasn't able to find any offhand online (although there was a WECO to
BNC adapter, and use standard BNC cabling after that).

But it is mainly test gear and test patch loop cables that go in on
the front. It allows the tester to take the CPE out of the loop each
way quickly and without disturbing cabling. The CPE handoff should be
on the back.