[cisco-voip] how to control default load (for factory reset) for phones

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Nov 13 11:12:58 EST 2013

>From what I recall, the default load, i.e. SCCP vs SIP, is controlled by a file, which is, in turn, created/updated whenever a new firmware or device pack is installed on the server. Can anyone confirm this, or, help me understand how to manipulate these files?

I want to make sure, going forward, that if I make changes to my system, if we have to reset a phone with factory reset steps, that it doesn't download SIP first, then SCCP, or download a higher version of SCCP only to have to downgrade.

I've seen this happen on my cluster but have also heard about it on the list as well.

Thanks!

Lelio

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Data Centre and Communications Facilities
University of Guelph

519‐824‐4120 Ext 56354
lelio at uoguelph.ca
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs