[cisco-voip] Licence Migration 7.1 top 9.x

Tim Smith tim.smith at enject.com.au
Tue Oct 22 16:01:48 EDT 2013

Hi mate,

Yes you need to order the upgrade first, either with PUT and UCSS or buy it as a one off.

I'd recommend UCSS if you don't have it, as once you are virtual it is easy to upgrade, and 10 is just around the corner.

As far as procuring the actual licenses. As Andy said there is a readiness app.

There is also a License Count Utility (LCU) - download it from CCO and run it against your cluster. It generates a report, and you can basically log a case with licensing and provide this info to them. ( they will ask for your upgrade order details )

>From 7 you will want to do a jump upgrade. You can build 9.1(2) in parallel this way. Once ELM is up you can generate a license request and attach it to your case.

Be aware of the owner is issues that have been discussed. That's why I am still going the licensing case route. Now that I have that part worked out it is actually fairly painless.

The nice thing with 9.1 is you can run the whole thing on the temp licenses for 60 days, until you get your real lic.

Lastly just make sure you compare what is issued with what you have bought in the past.

Cheers,

Tim