[cisco-voip] Call Manager Service restart

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 21:55:09 EDT 2013

Personally, I have seen web pages fail on me too many times over the years
to trust a simple restart of services.  I would always opt for a stop,
wait, confirm, then start, versus a restart.  That's my personal
preference.  And yes, restarting and stop/start will achieve the same
results, if you don't in fact need down time.  I.e., If you stopped the CM
services where phones are registered, then they cannot fail back until you
start it; however, if you elect for a restart, then phones will fallback as
soon as their timers tell them to do so; which may or may not give you
enough time for your test/validation.