[cisco-voip] Call Manager Service restart

Techguy techguy.ca at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 22:16:47 EDT 2013

Hi Anthony,
I agree with you, Tim and I came to the same conclusion, but this gets a
bit interesting with the following scenario. Consider cm group of two
servers distributed as such to max capacity in fail-over condition. Now if
only a cm service restart is intended, should a restart take preference
over stop and start? assume no testing is required in a failed over
scenario. I wonder this would prohibit the secondary server to be fully
loaded and overwhelmed with all endpoints than some (of the primary ones)
and let them all reg to the primary one since it came back already. (OR) is
it that once the cm restart is initiated then all of it's endpoints 'must'
reg to the secondary before they go back to primary, no matter how quick
the primary comes back up and running/available.
your thoughts are welcomed!
Thanks
tg