[cisco-voip] issue with 7942 firmware

Andy andy.carse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 09:20:44 EDT 2013

Hi,
I have a strange issue with some new 7942's, in as much as they won't
downgrade!
I have approx 5 out of 20 that refuse to downgrade to 9.2.3 or even
9.3.1 from 9.3.1SR1.
They come up with Load Reject HC, which sort of suggests that there is a
mismatch between the hardware and software, but what is the question!
I can't see anything obvious in the handsets bootload or settings via
the web.

They will however upgrade to 9.3.1SR2
I've tried restarting the tftp service and on a different cluster!

I guess its a TAC case if no one has any ideas.

--
Regards

Andy