[cisco-voip] Troubleshooting best practices

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 09:20:18 EDT 2013

Couple books you might look up.
It's a bit old, but "Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony" by Paul Giralt
(Cisco Press) still has a lot of relevant information in it.

Also I thought "Fax, Modem, an Text for IP Telephony" Hanes & Salgueiro
(Cisco Press) had some good content as well, obviously just related to
analog stuff though.

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Matthew DeSantos <mdesantos at atrion.net>wrote:

>  Hello community,
>
>  Sorry for the vague question, I was looking for some troubleshooting
> tips/best practices for VoIP related issues. I know there's many issues
> that come up, but i was hoping someone would be able to provide some
> basics? What are your 'go-to' commands or starting points when call quality
> or call issues are reported? Please share your troubleshooting techniques
> for voip issues (call quality, call routing etc)
>
>  TIA
>  -mattyd
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
> use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
> by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
> authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by
> reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Ed Leatherman