[cisco-voip] Odd one-way/no audio issues with just one user

Erick B. erickbee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 12:51:42 EDT 2013

Hi,

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Older system, CUCM 6.1.1a (no SUs) that has been running fine for years and
past 2-3 months only one user is having problems with no audio or one way
audio on calls. The IP Phone user can't hear the outside caller. External
calls have issue mostly. Problem happens 1-2 times a day.

We have replaced the 7962 phone, headset, put it in another switch port.
Updated firmware to 8.5.2 (latest compatibile with 6.1 per docs). I have
updated the IOS on the MGCP voice gateway from 12.4(15)T4 to 12.4(15)T17
and that fixed a duplicate DTMF issue (user was hearing DTMF tones on some
calls) and also seemed to help the problem calls as there are less since
the IOS upgrade but still 2-3 a day compared to a dozen or so before the
IOS upgrade.

I haven't been able to duplicate the issue with several hundred calls in,
it is very sporadic.

I know the CCM version is old, thinking about applying latest SUs for 6.1
until the client can update to newer hardware. Just strange only one user
having this problem. We checked around several times.