[cisco-voip] Scripting ATM Interface Resets

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Wed Sep 18 17:14:36 EDT 2013

> I was thinking that maybe I could do this with an IP SLA and/or EEM script

> and do something like when IP SLA fails I could trigger a shut/no shut on

>  the physical ATM int to force the DSL to drop and then resync.

I've seen bugs in DSL code where this doesn't work - even after a resync.
You're right - there is some event where it gets all confused and stops
communicating. Doesn't matter what you do (clear int, shut/no shut) - it
just doesn't come back unless you reload the box. We also tried changing DSL
firmware but that also does not appear to be the issue.

I have a vague memory of seeing a bug report for this that says a fix is to
delete the PVC and recreate it but at that point it is easier just to
reload.

In our case it was find an IOS that doesn't have the bug. Tricky because it
is an intermittent issue.

B.