[cisco-voip] Replacement for old 7815-i3 for unity connection 8.6

Robin Clayton Robin.Clayton at rrfa.org.uk
Tue Sep 24 10:04:48 EDT 2013

Dear all ,

We are looking to upgrade from UCX 7.1.x to 8.6

I understand our 7815-i3 is not supported on 8.x

I can't work out exactly what the best replacement is,

The MCS's listed here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/supported_platforms/8xcucspl.html#wp760981

Are all EOL with IBM .

Is the UCS-C210M2 suitable for a non-virtualised platform?

Alternatively I also want to investigate virtualising this server and an old 7816 running CUCM 7.1 going to 8.6  and the above server on one platform.

We have les than 150 handsets and less than 100 mailboxes.

Anyone gone through this?

Rob

Important Notice:

This e-mail and any attachment are confidentialand may be privileged
or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is solely intended for the
person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any
reading, use, disclosure, copying or distribution of all or parts of this
e-mail or associated attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not
an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message or by telephone and delete this e-mail and
any attachments permanently from your system.

The Richard Rose Federation<http://www.rrfa.org.uk>