[cisco-voip] Solved UCCX 9x Set step to modify Get Digit String ?

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 17:21:14 EDT 2013

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, as this would have been a good opportunity
to explain variables, String
literals<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/specs/jls/se7/html/jls-3.html#jls-3.10.5>,
and http://java.about.com/od/c/g/concatenation.htmString concatenation.

The answer is double quotes around your String literal with String
concatenation to the caller's input variable:

Set extXferFinalNumber = "3456" + extXferResult

You were very close with the quotes, only you used single quotes instead of
double quotes, and in Java a String literal is enclosed in double quotes.

The expression is evaluated on the right side of the equal sign first ("=").

Set extXferFinalNumber = "3456" + extXferResult

extXferResult is replaced by its value, which I assume comes from the
caller's input.  Let's pretend they entered "100".

Set extXferFinalNumber = "3456" + "100"

The two String literals are then concatenated together.

Set extXferFinalNumber = "3456100"

Now the equal sign shows its true meaning: assignment operator.  The
evaluated expression result is now assigned to the variable
extXferFinalNumber.

Set extXferFinalNumber = "3456100"

At this point the Set step is now complete and your variable
extXferFinalNumber holds the complete 7 digit number.

With all of that said, the prefix could be store in a variable of its own,
which lends itself to being reused multiple times throughout the script.
You could even mark it final to indicate that you do not intend for this
variable to be variable, but rather quite the opposite: static.