[cisco-voip] openSSL and heartbleed

Brian Meade bmeade90 at vt.edu
Tue Apr 8 19:21:47 EDT 2014

Here we can see CUCM does not respond to the Heartbeat Request with any
data:
[image: Inline image 2]

For the root inclined, we can find what openssl version is running:
[root at CUCM912 ~]# openssl version
OpenSSL 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 01 Jul 2008

This new heartbeat bug isn't valid as OpenSSL didn't even implement
responding to the Heartbeat Requests until version 1.0.1.  This is why CUCM
doesn't respond with any data.

I don't have a 10.x box to check with right now.

Brian